- about 500g chicken in small cubes (if you want massive pakora, you have to cook the chicken first, a gentle simmer for 5 mins, or they will still be raw in the middle)
- 4 heaped tablespoons Gram flour (chick pea flour. You NEED this, you use it for pakora and bhajis and you cant sub for wheat flour. It doesn't taste the same. A 3kg bag is about £2.50 in the asian shop, it lasts ages)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry or 1 clove crushed garlic, same of dry or crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or flake
- 1 level teaspoon each of ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala and 1 of turmeric.
- optional dollop of mango chutney and fresh coriander leaves.
- cold water to turn to sticky batter
Deep fry in med/hot oil (the batter should immediately sizzle but not immediately brown and spit, that's too hot, they will burn before they are cooked in the middle) (I use my wok with 3-4 ladles of oil from the chip pan. Easier to clean)..for about 4-5 mins till all golden dark and lush (the batter isn't red, but the cooked item is)
*spices... you get at least 4-6 times the amount of spice for your money at the asian shop compared to asda.