I have been so scared to make Yorkies for such a long time now that they have almost reached legendary status. I found this recipe and tried it to make Toad in the Hole and it worked perfectly! Not as difficult as I had feared! :)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of eggs (I find 3 fits in my cup)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 drops vinegar
- vegetable oil - enough to cover the base of each well in your pudding tray.
- Put everything into your mixing bowl and give it a good whisk.
- Once combined and bubbly, pour into a jug and leave to settle for 15 mins.
- When your ready, heat your oil in the oven, when the oil is smoking, remove your tray from oven and pour in your batter.
- Cook until golden and well risen.