Friday 30 July 2010

Shortcrust Pastry

This is the recipe for shortcrust pastry that my Mum uses. I think that it probably came from the BeRo cookbook she has. This book is older that me and my Mum. I think she got it from one of her Aunties when she first got married. The BeRo book is a baking bible in her house.

Ingredients

  • 225 g (8 oz) Plain Flour
  • pinch salt
  • 50 g (2 oz) butter (I think you can use all of one type of fat if you want, ie all butter or all baking marg)
  • 50 g (2 oz) margarine
  • 30 ml (approx. 2 tbsp.) cold water to mix
  • 25 g (1 oz) caster sugar if making sweet pastry
Method
  1. Mix flour and salt in bowl, rub in fat
  2. Using a knife to cut and stir, mix with cold water to form a stiff dough
  3. Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead lightly
  4. Roll out and use as required

No comments:

Post a Comment