Tuesday 4 May 2010

New Windows



Who would have thought that getting quotes for new windows would have been so stressful??

For the past week or so I have been phoning local companies to get them to come and give me quotes for new windows and doors throughout my house. Most of my windows are still single glazed and the 2 windows that are double glazed are about 30 years old!!! One company never turned up, 4 came out the same day that I phoned or the next afternoon!! And one company that I phoned wouldn't come out and give a quote unless both the home owners were there!! Very strange!! Anyway, the quotes came back this week and the range from reasonable to double the reasonable quote. What I don't understand is how the same style of windows and doors can vary so much in price???

I'll take pictures of the windows before and after they are installed and let you see my nice new shiny windows and my rather embarrassing old ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment