Saturday 8 May 2010

The Weekend

So I tried the chicken and sausage cobbler tonight, only without the cobbler (scone) part and I have to say it turned out lovely! A success with all the family enjoying it! I did make a few changes to the recipe:
  1. I didn't use the red wine, it's not something either of us drink so there is never any in the house. Plus with a 3 year old eating this too, I am a little funny about putting alcohol in food (I know that the alcohol is supposed to burn off, but....).
  2. I also swapped the chicken for turkey breast as this is what my husband prefers.
  3. And as I said before I left off the cobbler part as my oven is currently on the blink and I refuse to buy a new one until my kitchen is redecorated.

Apart from family time weekends in our house are mainly for catching up on housework and doing any odd jobs around the house. So today I tackled weeding the back garden. A job I detest!! I do not have green fingers at all, apart from when it comes to growing weeds. In fact weeds are the only thing that thrive in our garden! I managed to get most of the weeds pulled out, but I think I will have to spend another wee while in the garden tomorrow.
Despite me only being able to grow weeds, small boy and myself are trying to grow some strawberries and some onions in tubs. The strawberries are growing, but I am not sure that the onions are. I do have some more bulbs to plant is these don't work!!


No comments:

Post a Comment